Saturday, August 27, 2011

Russian Flea Market Finds

Today we made a journey outside of Moscow to a flea market.  It was huge and cheap.  I couldn't tell you the name of it, or even the train stop.  But I enjoyed it.




 A while back I bought a old Russian camera.  I absolutely love it.  It takes the most amazing pictures.  I would like to take care of it but I just lug it around in my purse.  I was hoping to find a case for it and I did.  It fits perfectly and it was only $3!!  Great find, right?




I also bought this vintage bag that I'm going to use as a purse.  I really like it.  It was around $7.


Then I found this beautiful scarf.  I paid less than $2.  :)


It was a great day with friends.  Came home with some fun stuff.  Tomorrow is the honey festival.  I stumbled upon it with a friend the other day.  We were walking through the park and I didn't know that the festival had moved.  I bought a huge jar of Acacia honey.  It's delicious.  They had all kinds.  Here are a few pictures that I took.  Hope to get more tomorrow.  And maybe some more honey too. :)


"Whoever drinks honey, will not get sick."  It sounds better and rhymes in Russian. :)


Well, I have lots more pictures that I will hopefully put on here or on facebook sometime.  I'm really enjoying being back and I'm looking forward to many more adventures this year.  I actually added more to my "To-Do List."  Here you can see My To-Do List for Year 3 in Moscow.  That's all for now.  Bedtime for me.

2 comments:

  1. leather camera case = freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like so much fun! love your finds. i stumbled upon a honey find myself -- a poster at a mountain coffee shop raving about the healing capabilities of honey granules. i looked at their small research section on the bottom "...you will never be sick!" - dr. something, USSR!! love you sista - jennalou

    ReplyDelete

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?