Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shut the front door....

So I realize that I haven't blogged in a while.  Life got a little busy.  Mondays and Wednesdays I am taking Russian classes.  I really like them so far.  They are challenging but it is also encouraging to see how much Russian I already know. 
Recently was also our Teacher's Day celebration.  We sang Adele's "Rolling in the Deep."  Sadly, no one recorded it, because I forgot to give Sarah my camera.  But hopefully we will sing it again soon and will record it.  Everyone liked it and I personally think we were the best act.  :)
Well, my inspiration for writing this blog is a conversation that I just had.  One of my students speaks almost fluent English.  Her nanny is American and I have been talking to her this week.  Today we talked for a little while.  She was telling me about the family that she works for.  Get this:  She has an apartment in the city which is paid for.  Soon, she will move into their $50 million home with them and have her own place there.  She goes everywhere with them.  Soon they will fly to Maldives for three weeks.  This summer she spent 3 months in Italy.  She, then, told me that if I found a job like her, I could be making $75,000-$100,000 per year!!  Can you believe that??  Can you believe that people have that kind of money to pay someone to play with their child?? 
That's insane.  And yet....I'm interested.  :)  I mostly likely will never do something like that.  I think the risk is too great.  Yes, you could be making a lot of money which would be nice to pay off all my loans and save a lot for the future.  But what if you end up working with a crazy family?  Like they are horribly mean.  It makes me think of "The Nanny Diaries."  Great movie.  I sometimes feel like her. 
Anyways, just thought that I would share.  :)

1 comment:

  1. shut up...i know understand the title for this post. what a life.

    ReplyDelete

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?