Friday, October 21, 2011

No New News :)

I don't really have any new news to write about.  (I always chuckle whenever I read, write, or hear "new news."  Probably only my mom and sister know why. :D)  So I will write about things that I am looking forward to.
This weekend I am going to the souvenier market here in Moscow.  I will be buying some Christmas presents and, of course, some new cheap movies.  They are around $4 or less and they acutally work.  It may be wrong to buy pirated movies...but everyone does it. :)  Then we will go to a friend's house for her annual fall party.  We call her neighborhood "Little America."  Once you enter the gate, it's like you've just teleported to America.  There are yards, trampolines, grills, driveways...And it will be the weekend when this community celebrates Halloween so there will be children running around in costumes.  I can't wait.
On Sunday, we are going to a Hillsong church here in Moscow.  I've always wanted to go to one.  It will be all in Russian but I am still very much looking forward to it.  I'm sure I will know a lot of the songs, but now I will be able to hear them in Russian.  After church, we will attempt to go to the zoo again.  Now we know what time it closes.  AND THEN after the zoo, I need to go home and plan my trip to Italy!!  Did I tell you I'm going to Italy?!  Amber and I are leaving on October 28th and will return on November 6th.  We are flying into Rome and will stay a few days there.  Then we are thinking of going to Capri and southern Italy.  We were looking at pictures last night and it looks gorgeous.  I think the temperature should be in the 70s! :)  Also, I have a friend from college, Lyndsey, who will be staying in Naples while we are there.  So I get to see her too!  HERE you can read her blog about all her travels.  Once I return from Italy, you will hear all about it.  I can't even imagine how many pictures I'm going to take.

I also am looking forward to Thanksgiving.  I think we have a line on some turkeys this year.  We also come equipped with 4 cans of pumpkin pie mix and evaporated milk.  We also have some stuffing mixes.  It's going to be a real American thanksgiving this year.

And then...HOME for Christmas.  I should be in America on the 17th of December.  I have an appointment on the 19th for a root canal.  That's the reason I need to fly back to America.  But I also am very much looking forward to three weeks at home with my family.  :D 

No other major news.  Autumn is here and she is almost leaving us already.  Winter is coming.   I need to buy a new coat...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?