Saturday, July 30, 2011

time goes by...

It's crazy to me how time flies.  People say that all the time, but it really has gone by so fast this summer.  A few days ago  I got my new passport in the mail.  My old passport was going to expire soon and besides, it was full! :D  I'm pretty proud that I filled my passport.  It wasn't on my bucket list but it should have been.  Maybe now I should put "Fill Up Two Passports" on my bucket list.  I doubt I will because my new passport has twice the amount of pages.  I thought that would be a good idea...but I didn't think about the bucket list thing.  Darn.  :)  But honestly, after this school year, I'm sure how much traveling I will do.  If I'm going to move back to America, it's just not as easy to travel.  It just costs so much.  That's what I've LOVED about living in Europe.  It's so much cheaper to travel around.  And everything is so close.
And actually, I'm not sure how much traveling I will accomplish this year either.  I have to come back to the US for Christmas because I need a root canal. bleh...  I had to put it off until December.  So I'll definitely be back for that.  And THEN my cousin Dallas is getting married in March.  I really would love to come back for that.  Hopefully that will work out.  But that will be my springbreak and will also be very expensive.  So we'll see.  I also need to be saving just in case I can't find a job...which is very much a possibility.  Whose idea was it to become a teacher??  wait...mine.

I was recently at the theater with my friend and saw the preview for the new Mission Impossible movie.  It started out with someone saying, "An hour ago...a bomb blew up the Kremlin."  Then they showed the Kremlin exploding.  I literally put a hand to my face and gasped.  People looked at me like, "Geez lady, it's just a preview." haha. It was SO weird.  If you haven't seen the trailer, you can see it HERE.  Russia is just that close to me, I guess.  And I've never seen that explode.  I've seen the Empire State Building destroyed so many times and even the White House.  That's not even a big deal anymore.  But to see that symbol of Russia blow up...it was so strange.  It's something that I see all the time.  I've thought about it getting bombed, of course.  While living in Russia, there have been 2 suicide bombs in Moscow.  I've blogged about it before.  You can read that HERE if you would like. Anyway, I just thought my reaction was interesting...and a little embarrassing. :)  I can't wait to see the movie.  I guess I'll have to watch it in Moscow.

well, my pictures are done uploading to facebook. :)  This blog was just to take up time while I waited.  Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?