Tuesday, June 7, 2011

what lulls you to sleep?

So, I was just offered to sit in a meeting.  This meeting will be about the planning of art classes for the next school year.  They will discuss music, dance, drama, and visual art.  Normally I would be all over that but when the meeting is in Russian it's a little harder to participate.
I've gotten to the point where I can follow the conversation in the meeting and know the general topic.  I can even understand maybe 60% of it, depending on what they are talking about.  But I've found that the sound of Russian just simply makes me sleepy.  I would have NEVER thought that Russian could be a calming and soothing sound but it certainly is.  I will be sitting in the meetings and following along as best as I can, and then my mind will drift off and I hear constant sound of Russian.  Then I start to nod off.  I find myself thinking, "I could just lay on the floor right here and listen to them talking and I could have a great nap."  I've even gotten to the point of pinching myself just to stay awake.  And then my boss will say, "Kristin, are you following this?  What do you think?"  My eyes are half open and I have no idea what they are talking about. 
One of the worst feelings in the world is when all you want to do is sleep but you can't.  So, what lulls you to sleep?  I love the sound of rain, thunderstorms, and a shower.  If I had the money and it wouldn't so wasteful, I would have a running shower in my bedroom all night. :)  I would sleep SO good.  Or a dryer.  That also would be nice. 

2 comments:

  1. the roar of the box fan. ha! although i turned it off the other night and opened the window wide and woke up to birds tweeting good morning, that was sweet but i couldn't sleep any longer after that.

    i can see russian as soothing maybe. we watched a movie with a man with a russian accent (iron man II, don't think mickey rourke has a legit accent though) and it was like music.

    ReplyDelete

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?