Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cookies

It is now summer school here at MES.  I have been put in charge of summer school and the planning of each day.  I decided to make it a 2 week long science camp.  The first week we are learning about our senses and the second week, we will be doing fun science experiments.  These children are 3-6 so the experiments involve things like bubbles and raisins and the making of goop.
Today we talked about our sense of taste.  I brought the kids to the lunch room and we all made cookies together.  It was really fun and the children enjoyed it.  After the children left, I was finishing them and the cooks came out to see them.  She asked me, "What are you doing?"  I told her that I was making cookies.  She said, "Weird cookies."  haha.  I told her, "American cookies."  They don't make cookies like we do in America.  They don't make the dough and then make it into balls and put it on a cookie sheet.  I was a little worried that they wouldn't turn out.  After about 20 minutes, the children came back.  The cookies were ready.  The cook brought them out and said, "Are they done?  I don't know if they should look like that." :)  They were done and they were good. 

2 comments:

  1. whaaa? how do they make cookies? by the way my mouth is watering gazing at your cookies, sugar cookies i presume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar cookies, yes. I wanted to make chocolate chip but some of the children have never had chocolate and I would probably get in trouble if I fed it to them. :) And I don't think they make cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?