Saturday, March 5, 2011

These are a few of my every day things...


This post is a lot like the last, about living in Moscow.  I promise to make a personal update soon about my actual life. :)  In the meantime, enjoy this little number.

For some reason I was inspired to rewrite this classic song to fit life in Moscow.  A possible inspiration for this is the fact that I just got home from work and it's a Saturday.
I'm sure many more verses could be written.  Please do not just read it.  Sing it out loud to yourself.  It will make you feel better.  I'm sure of it. :)

To the tune of "My Favorite Things"
Raindrops on sidewalks and dirty stray puppies
Old copper statues and rich snobby yuppies
Flowers and wine as gifts tied up with string
These are a few of my every day things.

Cream colored skin from a lack of the sunlight
Car horns and shouting heard from the street all night
Drunk man alone who decides he will sing
These are a few of my every day things.

Girls in short skirts wearing deadly high heels
Soft fur coats probably made from a seal
Brutal white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my every day things.

   On the metro
   And the pee stinks
   If you're feeling sad
   Just simply remember my every day things
   And then you won't feel....so bad.  



Moscow, you gotta love it.  There's no place like it

1 comment:

  1. i like the facelift. can't wait to hear more in your next post!

    ReplyDelete

Что ты думаешь? What do you think?